Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Vegan Cross Country

In late May, I visited family in Illinois. One major reason was because my younger brother got married.  While there, my parents scheduled family photos too.  It was a good trip.



(Photo shot by Maggie Medema Photography.  From left to right: Purple is my younger sister's family, Blue is my younger brother (he's the youngest of my siblings) and his new wife, Red are my parents, Green is my older brother and his wife and Pink is me, my hubby and 4 kids.)

Well, my parents, siblings and their spouses are all omnivores (I think maybe a couple of them are borderline carnivores), so before we came to visit, my mom consulted a co-worker, who's daughter is vegan, on what to make for vegan guests. So she gave my mom a package of Veggie Burger Mix.

To my surprise it was a great alternative to buying frozen veggie patties. The mix just needs water and 30 minutes to absorb the water, but after it's done it can be molded just like ground turkey or beef. We've used it for Veggie Loaf, Veggie Burgers on the grill, with pasta and I can imagine that there are more uses for it.

This is perfect for a transitioning vegetarian or vegan. And it's also great when you feel like joining a friend for grilling burgers. The flavor is very delicious!

When my family got back here to AZ, we immediately ordered more Veggie Burger Mix.

No comments: