Saturday, May 15, 2010

Restaurants with Vegan Items are Yummy too!

I've decided that I'm going to start adding vegan friendly restaurants to my blog too. Some of us just don't have time to cook at home, so it can be nice to go out and have someone cook for us.

I'm starting with my favorite restaurant in Phoenix.

Pita Jungle

They offer 10 Phoenix Valley locations and they even have a location up north in Flagstaff! Their menu is diverse and they offer some yummy vegan options. The also have a Vegan Chart that points out if a menu item is vegan or not and why it is not vegan, so it may be modified to become vegan. For example, I love to order the One Thousand Bean Hot Pita, it is not vegan because the pita it is on contains dairy, so I substitute a whole wheat pita because that is vegan. Most meats can be replaced by tofu too, with adds even more flexibility to their menu.

I have invited guest & friends (all non-vegan) and all of them have enjoyed what they chose off the menu. I do have a must-try, the hummus trio. It offers traditional hummus, roasted red pepper hummus and jalapeno-cilantro hummus. It's so delicious and it's always been a hit with everyone we've introduced to it.

If you have been to Pita Jungle and you would like to share a review, feel free to comment. Thank you!

No comments: